The Jalilpur Estate was a zamindari estate of Yaduvanshi Ahir in Bijnor district of Uttar Pradesh. It was Founded by Rao Tara Chand in early 18th century. The zamindari of Jalilpur included 28 village.
Jalilpur Zamindari (Estate)
Status Zamindari Estate
Common Languages Hindi
- 1750 Rao Tara Chand
- 1947 Sartaj Singh
- Established 1750
- Acceded to India 1949
Currency Indian Rupee
Total area 28 Village
Origin And History
The Family traces its history to one Rao Gapal Krishan of Badli village near Delhi. His son Rao Tara Chand served in the Mughal Court (1750). The Mughal Court was in its twilight and on the verge of bankruptcy during this curtail period large number of high ranking officials of the Mughal court statrted seeking employment elsewhere. Rao Tara Chand happened to be one of them he quit and joined the service of Landhoura Riyasat. His grand son Diwan Bhola Singh further expanded the estate and shifted his seat to Jalilpur from Mahu which he brought for sum Of Rs. 80,000 from Nawab of Bachraon.
Rao Tara Chand, of Badli village (Delhi) served in the Mughal Court, he quit & joined the Service of Landhoura Riyasat. Made in-charge of the Revenue Department by Raja Ramdayal in the year 1759. Over a period of time he gained tremendous importance in the court. He had 2 issues.
- Rao Rattan Singh, A brave chivalrous personality appointed in the prime ranks of the troops, in recognition of his dedicated chequered service was designated by the title of Rawal, Married to Rao Rani Jas Kunwar,had no Issues.
- Kunwar Pratap Singh, Appointed Diwan of Landhoura Riyasat,Married to Ganesh Kunwar from Nawada family. Granted 11 village in Bijnor district for the service rendered during 1857 Mutiny. He had issues, two sons Kunwar Shri Kundan Singh and Kunwar Shri Bhola Singh.
- Kunwar Kundan Singh (1858), studied in Roorkee,Married Kunwarani Bilasi Devi of Asmoli Zamindari and had issues three sons. Kunwar Guru Sahay,Married at Dekwada,and had two issues.Ch.Jyoti Prasad and appointed Judicial Assessor for life Dist Court Bijnor. Bai Sahiba Manu Kunwar, Kunwar Hori Singh, Studied at St John’s School Agra,Married into Saidpur family,had no issues. Kunwar Harsaroop Singh (1884), Studied at St’Georges School Mussoorie,Married Kunwarrani Jadadhva Kunwar,Daughter of Lt.Col. Dhabhai Ganesh Lal (Diwan Of Alwar State).
- Diwan Bhola Singh. (1860),Entrusted the hereditary resposibility of Diwan by Rani Dhan Kunwar. He Later quit the appointment & started sharing the responsibility of estate mangement at Mahu,further expended the estate & shifted his headquarter to Jalilpur,he had issues a daughter and two sons. Bai Sahiba Ishwar devi Kunwar Jagdish Singh (qv) Kunwar Balbir Singh (died young)
- Ch. Kunwar Jagdish Singh, (1894) he was a Man who could foresee future far beyond his time realized the importance of industrialization he started the first suar mill (1930),implemented the latest technique & refroms to improve the output of the estate.He was a great Philanthropist,contributed tremendously to upliftment of his subject,Built large number of buildings Including schools, temples,hospitals and panchayat ghar; a great patron of education, funded several scholarship for the distressed people. He was awarded numerous Sanads and Certificates for meritorious service rendered. He Married 1stly to Kunwarani Chand Kunwar, Daughter of Ch. Raghuveer Singh of Delhi.she had two issues,he married 2ndly to Kunwarani Sartaj Kanwar of Dharouli Zaildari in Mahendaragrah,and had two issues.
- Bai Sahiba Shakuntla Kunwar, (1927), Marriedd Kunwar Ishwar Prasad of Akka Dillari Estates ( By Chand Kunwar). Kunwar Gajraj Singh (1930), (by Chand Kanwar). Kunwar Yash Raj Singh (by Sartaj Singh Kanwar). Kunwar Raghu Raj Singh (by Sartaj Kunwar).
1 thought on “Jalilpur Zamindari (Estate)”
good effort .. but certain names are wrongly mentioned by you